I need a photographer but I'm worried about booking someone online that we've never met.
With the high number of photographers available on the internet, this is understandable. You will need to do your homework to be sure you get the photographer you want.
Don’t ask friends to recommend their photographer either. They may have been happy with the photographer they worked with, but that doesn’t mean they would suit you. Would you copy her dress, cake, colour scheme etc. No, of course you wouldn’t. You get the picture (no pun intended).
Look at styles of photographs, Do you like posed. Or prefer the candid style. Mix of both?. Yes, photographers have different styles they like to photograph. Basically, look up on the internet - traditional Photographer or journalistic photographer. These two will give you a starting point.
I get a lot of bookings from brides who have never met me before the big day. But they will always check out reviews, phone, and ask questions. Some often speak with me via FaceTime. And of course we keep in touch via email or texts before the big day.
I would advise you do at least the following to satisfy yourself that you have shortlisted a suitable photographer that you want.
· Always read the online reviews carefully. Do they feel genuine to you? Can they be verified
· Speak to the photographer. Ask them questions.
· Are they qualified to provide this service? Can you see the qualifications?
· What training have they had to photograph you’re wedding.
· How many weddings have they photographed?
· Can the photographer supply a copy of their insurance? Most venues now insist on a copy of the photographer’s insurance
· Make sure you are comfortable with the style of photography.
· Above all, go with your instinct. If the price is too good to be true- it often is.
Eyes2Me Photography offer the following reassurance for wedding couples looking for a photographe
We don’t charge a deposit for wedding photography. I know, who does that. We do. We offer free cancellation in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Yes, We do.
So nothing paid until you see your wedding images. Unheard of. What other photographer will offer you this?
Master Photographer with the Master Photographers Association
We have many reviews available for you to view on Trustpilot / Facebook.
Areas we often cover
Our Photography price include all mileage and travel costs. We cover on average about one hundred miles from Caerphilly. So, Cardiff, Bristol, Swansea, Newport etc would be considered local. Most of South Wales, and of course the English border areas.
If you are a little too far out of our reach, we will often book an overnight place, just to be close to your wedding.